2023 A-level Results
Our Sixth Formers have once again excelled, delivering an outstanding set of A-level results.
Pupils and staff at Brighton College Al Ain are celebrating after the College’s fourth set of A Level results saw students achieve an extraordinary 100% pass rate.
Key statistics 2022
- 4 in every 10 of our grades were A*-A
- 6 in every 10 were A*-B
- 40% of pupils have secured places to study Medicine at universities across the globe
- 50% of pupils that have applied to UK universities have received at least one offer to study at a Russell Group University, including Oxford, Warwick, Bristol and York
Outstanding A-level achievers include:
Ala’a Alazizi achieved A*A*A* in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology and is heading to the Royal College of Surgeons Ireland, Dublin to read Medicine.
Abdelrahman Sadawey achieved an A A A in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. He will go on to study Engineering and has offers from several universities, including Warwick, Bristol and Leeds in the UK
Zaid Magdub achieved A* A B in, English Literature, History and Psychology and is heading to the UK, where he will read law.
Renad Benour achieved A B B in Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry and will go on to study Medicine.
Mubarak AlKhyeli, Brighton College Al Ain’s Head Boy, has achieved A B C in Mathematics, Economics and Business Studies and, after completing his military service, will head to Cardiff University ,one of the UK’s leading Russell Group institutions, to study Financial Mathematics.
Head Master, Mr Scott Carnochan said: “I am delighted to see this wonderful cohort of pupils achieving such excellent A level results. They are richly deserved and testament to their outstanding work ethic and the excellent teaching, care and guidance received from their wonderful teachers. Today we not only celebrate our top achievers, but we also celebrate many other A Level success stories, which we are equally thrilled with, and which may not obviously shine through in grades alone."
He added: “I am enormously proud of everything our pupils and teachers have achieved, congratulate them on these impressive results and wish our pupils continued success as they move on to leading universities around the world.”
2023 GCSE Results
Congratulations to all of our Year 11 pupils on their outstanding GCSE results!
Our pupils have continued to perform at a very high level and are celebrating another year of excellent results.
Key Statistics 2023
- 1 in every 4 examinations resulted in a top grade (A*) 9
- Almost 65% of entries resulted in grades (A*- A) 9-7
- Very strong results across the sciences, with 74% of pupils achieving the top grade (7-9), and 3 of every 4 pupils achieving top grades (7-9) across the Humanities.
- 82% of all Arabic GCSEs were awarded at Grade 9.
- 12 of our pupils have received Outstanding Pearson Learner Awards in recognition of achieving extraordinarily high marks in their International GCSE examinations in 2022 (minimum 5 IGs at grade 8 or 9). 2023 results are pending.
Outstanding GCSE achievers include:
Shihab Ahamd who achieved: 8 Grade 9s and 1 Grade 8
Jesse Kurten who achieved: 7 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8 and 1 Grade 7
Hamda Alnuaimi who achieved: 6 Grade 9s, 2 Grade 8s and 1 Grade 7
Eloi Roberts who achieved: 4 Grade 9s, 5 Grade 8s
Rafika Sadki who achieved: 4 Grade 9s and 5 Grade 8s
Headmaster Mr Scott Carnochan said: ''After celebrating our pupils' outstanding A Level achievements, I am thrilled to report that Brighton College Al Ain pupils have once again been awarded an impressive percentage of top grades in their GCSE examinations, with 9–8 grades surpassing both last year and even 2019, when traditional in-person exams were last held. This accomplishment is truly remarkable, and I couldn't be happier for our pupils. I am exceptionally proud of what our pupils and teachers have achieved and would like to both congratulate and thank them for the hard work, determination and resilience they have demonstrated while collaboratively striving for these outstanding results.''